Moving is hard work.
Family is awesome.
Someday I need to write a story featuring a heroine who always is there to help her children, even when they are grown and have kids of their own, and are moving into their FIFTH place in seven years, and she's helped with every move but one (because she was in the middle of finals at the time of that one, and her daughter only had three weeks notice of the move anyway), and can organize her kids' house way better than they can, and refuses to complain, take credit, or even act like it's a big deal at all.
Oh, and a hero who, while he can't get out of his job to come help in person, calls his kids every day to see how the move is going, and sends his wife off with dire threats if she doesn't come home having spent their money on things that the kids need, want, or haven't even thought of yet.
My house (new house) is livable now, thanks to my mom. In some ways, it's even really nice, and we only moved in on Saturday. My new study is still a mess of boxes and empty bookshelves, but my kitchen is all organized, and my girls have a playroom, and my dining room table even has a tablecloth on it.
I can't imagine I'll be doing much posting in the new couple of weeks, even with all of this, but I'll at least try to get back into reading and commenting on all your blogs, and hopefully once in a while my brain will emerge from its fog of "what box did I pack that in?" and come up with a fairly reasonable topic.
My new washer and dryer come tomorrow, though, so I imagine that the next few days, at least, will be spent in doing laundry.
What's been new with you this week?
I'm glad things are coming along. I was thinking about you guys today.
ReplyDeleteYay for Mom! And you! And everyone! Glad it went so well.
ReplyDeleteNothing is new with me this week? I don't think, at least. I've been a bit out of it.
Thanks to you both!
ReplyDeleteMoms are the salt of the earth. Mine wasn't able to help me move from apt to house but she moved me from home to apt, and also moved our whole family 9 times (with 5 kids for the last 5 moves), and every time she comes it's like I'm the guest and she's the hired help! She won't stop working on the things I haven't gotten to, like alphabetizing my books (Joe doesn't give a fig about his but I'm working on them next because they pain me), helping me clean and organize my jewelry, mend or alter clothes with her sewing machine, etc. etc.
ReplyDeleteYeah, last time I was home I brought a huge pile of clothes that don't fit well and said "Hey Mom, want to pull out the sewing machine?" Bless her, she didn't even bat an eye. I only hope I am as awesome a mother when my girls are grown!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear about your new study! I remember your post about how much you wanted a writing room and am happy to hear it came true. Hope you enjoy your new place!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kirsten! I'm still not sure where I'm going to put all the boxes in my study (it seems to have become the collecting room for anything we're not sure where else to put), but I already have a table set up under the window, and have even been squeezing in a little writing time.
ReplyDelete