Coming back to my old house always inspires me to write. Unfortunately, there's always so much else to do that writing tends to take a backseat. Family, house demolition, weddings, lots of space for running and playing and laughing ... sometimes real life actually IS more fun (not often, mind, but once in a while). And that's okay, too.
With that in mind, I wrap this non-post up with a quote from Kathy Tyers that I have always appreciated:
"Don't make writing your top priority. This advice runs counter to what most people will tell you -- you'll read in many places that you MUST write EVERY day -- but I'm saying that there are more important things in life. Your relationship with God comes first. The time you must spend with your family, and your attention to their needs, is also more important than any job or hobby you take up."
-Kathy Tyers
What are some ways you prioritize your time? Do you agree that sometimes writing, as necessary as it is for we writers, has to take a back burner? Do you forgive me for going without much of a post this week? Has Blogger still been acting up with allowing people to comment, or is it fixed now?
Testing... I actually don't have much to say, it's been kind of a rough week. But let's see if comments are working!
ReplyDelete